My growing bucket list (in no particular order):
Swim in Santorini and ride a donkey around the villages of the island.Checked off on 5/26/2013 for my birthday trip.
- Climb the Great Wall of China.
- Sit in front of the Eiffel Tower while having wine and cheese.
- To gaze up at the Cristo Redentor in Rio de Janeiro.
- Stomp grapes at both Napa and Sonoma Valleys.
- Meet the four US presidents at Mount Rushmore.
o on a cruise.Been on 5 cruises to date. Drive cross-country. Which country?Completed on 10/12/15 Drove all over Spain. 🙂 –
pelunking in a wild cave.Completed on 8/17/12 at the Organ Caves in West Virginia.
- Hawaii, Hawaii, Hawaii!
- Milk a cow.
- Be fluent in Mandarin and order at Starbucks in Shanghai.
Drive down the legendary Overseas Highway (Highway 1) from Miami to Key West.Completed on 5/22/11 as part of my birthday trip.
- Parahawking in Nepal.
- Watch a live Texan rodeo.
- Meet a monk.
- Swim with the dolphins.
ATV adventure.Checked off on 10/26/13 during my trip to Costa Rica!
- Learn to churn butter and make cheese.
- Attend mass at St. Peter’s Basilica at the Vatican City.
- See the Egyptian pyramids and answer the riddle of the Sphinx.
- Go on a hot air balloon ride.
- Learn belly dancing.
Climb the Swiss Alps.Accomplished on 09/29/14 How Switzerland Stole My Heart In A Day Own an authentic hookah.Thanks to a friend who bought me a hookah from the Middle East!
- Climb a lighthouse.
Go on a volcano tour.Santorini volcano tour 5/26/13.
- Learn to play a traditional asian instrument.
Meet a real gypsy.I’ve encountered a few gypsies in Athens and Rome.
- Wear an authentic sari.
Zipline adventure in Costa Rica.checked off on 10/26/13 trip. Hike the Appalachian trail.Ongoing. Hiked parts of the Appalachian trails in CT, MA, VT, VA. Horseback riding on the beach.Checked off on 11/14/15 in Punta Cana. Learn to say “Hello” and “Thank you” in different languages.Ongoing. “Aloha, ¡Hola!, Ni Hao, Apa kabar, Bonjour, …) Learn to say “I love you” in different languages.Ongoing. (Mahal kita, Je taime, Saranghae, Te Amo, Wo Ai Ni, Ich liebe dich…)
- Teach English in a foreign country.
- Write a travel novel and get published.
- Learn to scuba dive.
- Climb Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Drive down Route 66.
Go dune bashing in the desert.Went dune bashing in Dubai 2/20/14.
- Go on an African safari.
Ride a camel.Rode the camel during a desert safari in Dubai 2/20/14.
- Visit and volunteer at an elephant sanctuary in Thailand.
- Visit Victoria Falls.
- Meet a geisha.
- Carnival in Brazil.
- Own a beach house in the Philippines.
Ride a Ferrari.Completed on June 2010 at a Ferrari event.
- Sleep in a castle.
- Attend a Murder Mystery Dinner.
- Have a tarot card reading.
- Visit a Buddhist monastery.
- Get my chakras aligned.
- Visit all 50 states. 31 states and counting…
Buy real cowboy boots and stetson hat.Completed June 2007 in Texas.
- Watch a sumo wrestling match in Japan.
- Experience a Medieval times dinner and tournament.
Go backpack hiking and camping.Completed April 2012 in Stratton Mountain, VT.
- Write a prayer and place it at the Western Wall of Jerusalem.
- Experience the Sinulog Festival in Cebu, Philippines.
- Island hopping in Palawan!!